The key to successful spot removal is getting to it as quick as possible.
Keep this page book marked, or make a copy of it so you will be able to refer to it when you need it. Be sure to let your friends and family know about this spotting guide so they will be able to use it as well.
YOUR BASIC SPOT REMOVAL KIT
Keep the following items on hand so you will be prepared to handle fresh spills on your carpet: Neutral dish detergent such as Joy® or Dawn® (dilute 20:1); clear household ammonia; white vinegar (dilute 1:1); wet spotter such as Spot Gone®; dry spotter such as Dissolve®; paint thinner; hydrogen peroxide (3% solution) for bleaching; denatured or isopropyl alcohol; a good supply of white terry cloths; and a spotting brush. If you have pets, stock a bacteria/enzyme digester such as Liquid Alive®. A wet/dry vac is great to have as well.
The Six Steps To Removing Spots
- Catch it while it’s fresh, when chances of removal are 75% better. Don’t iron or hot-air dry until the stain is gone. Heat will set most stains.
- First blot up all the liquid and scrape up all the solids you can. On a large liquid spill you can use a wet/dry vac. Be careful not to spread the stain.
- Test any chemical you intend to use in a hidden area to make sure it won’t discolor or damage the surface.
- Apply spotter and work from the outside of the stain in, to avoid spreading. Blot, don’t scrub; strike with the flat face of a spotting brush if needed to help break up the stain.
- Rinse chemical spotters out with water, blot the area dry and feather the edges. Brush or fluff up pile or nap.
- On carpet and upholstery, put a thick pad of toweling over the spot, weight it down with books, and leave it there overnight to “wick up” any remaining moisture.
Reasons To Call Us Right Now!
- We don’t Cut Corners, We Clean The –We take all the time needed to clean every square inch thoroughly.
- We Move Most Furniture – We move most furniture and place plastic tabs and blocks under the furniture so the carpets will dry properly.
- We are IICRC Certified and a Chosen Member of Ethical Services –This assures you that we have been trained and tested. And we abide by a strict code of ethics which results in the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or our service is free – There is nothing worse than paying for a service and not being happy or thrilled with the results. You have peace of mind always when you use us to clean your carpets.
- Built on 30 Years of Experience – As the saying goes “practice makes perfect.” And we have perfected our cleaning methods and spotting techniques to give our clients maximum cleaning results. If it can be gotten out, Sunrise gets it out.
- Professional Friendly Services – You will receive friendly, informative, and caring service from your first phone call to the completion of your job. We also call a day or two later to make sure you are still thrilled with our service.
It’s free, and there’s no obligation. I come out in uniform and I treat your home the way I would like others to treat my own home. Isn’t this what you are looking for from a professional cleaning company. Call us today for your free inspection at 908-372-5326. I look forward to meeting you.